You Are Here: Preschool >> Themes >> Preschool Rain Forest Theme >> Preschool Rain Forest Activities
Taste the Rainforest
Submitted by LoriBuy different food found in the rainforest: bananas, star fruit, coconut, chocolate, papaya, papaya, bananas, mangos, etc. Let the chidren try all the different flavors. You can also graph who liked what best.
Submitted by BettyMake a rainstick for your children to play with (when shaken or twisted rainsticks make the sound of rain)
1. Hammer nails into Heavy cardboard mailing tubes 1/8" apart, using the spiral seam of the cardboard.
2. Add several handfuls of assorted filler material (rice, beans, etc)
3. Seal each end of the tube securely with tape.
4. Decorate your stick with leaves, grass, ribbon, adhesive-backed shelf paper, wrapping paper or any jungle thing you can find..
Layers of the Rainforest
Submitted by BettyCreate the layers of the rain forest:
- The bottom " floor" made of soil insects ground animals.
- Middle layer: "under story" small trees/shrubs Anteaters, lemur, and tree kangaroos.
- And the top layer the "canopy" with tropical birds, toucans, and monkeys.
Submitted by TinaObtain a "Sounds of the Rainforest" CD to play during nap time. It will be soothing for your children as well as enriching.
These Preschool Ideas Found At:Everything Preschool >> Themes >> Rain Forest >> More