Submitted by JackieGo to an Arts and Crafts store or a Store with a lot of ethnic foods and buy as many different sizes and shapes of pastas as you can find. Your children will enjoy seeing how many different kinds are available.
Submitted by HelenIf you have a homemade pasta machine, make it with your children. They will love to see how pasta is made
Submitted by NinaIn your dramatic play area provide pasta
- Put several different sizes, shapes and colors of pasta in the area
- Provide pans, spoons, and bowls for your children to pretend their cooking in.
- You can also use yarn colored like spaghetti and pom-poms for meatballs
Submitted by WilmaCreate a pizza parlor using a large appliance box.
- Provide Pizza Pans
- Provide Toppings (Yarn for Cheese, Circle cutouts for Peporoni, green felt peppers, etc)
- Save old pizza boxing for pretend deliveries
- Go to your local pizza store and ask for donations of anything they can (My class got an old car topper!)
Submitted by LeslieMake individual pizzas with your class. The possibilities are endless, you can use English muffins, Ritz crackers, Pitas for dough. For all add a little sauce, cheese, and cook until the cheese is melted.
Submitted By Cindy
What You Need:
- 1/4 Cup Rubbing Alcohol
- 1 tablespoon food coloring
- 2 Cups Pasta
- 1 quart ziplock freezer bag
What You Do:
Pour alcohol and food coloring in bag and mix together
Add pasta to bag mix all together.
Let set for an hour, then turn over and let set for 30 minutes more.
Pour out onto news paper to dry.
If not dark enough, repeat process.
These Preschool Ideas Found At:Everything Preschool >> Themes >> Pasta >> More