- Paint the ball of the child's foot and let them put it on paper. They can then add a stem and what other decoration they choose to add to the flower. Finally have them cut out the flower and give it to their mom's as a beutiful coursage.
- Wooden Hearts
- Glitter Glue Sticks
- Misc. Other Art Supplies
- Give each of your children a 3" wooden heart (you can find these at your local arts and craft store) and let them decorate them anyway that they want. Then add a magnet to the back and let your children use these to give their moms magnets.
- Paper Plates
- Yellow Paper
- Give your children paper plates. Have them cut out pedals from the yellow paper and then attach them around the paper plate. This is a cute gift for your moms
- Various Other Art Supplies of Your Choosing
- Help show the children the difference between little and big. Have your children place their handprint on a piece of paper. Then get their mothers to put their handprint next to theirs finally let them draw other little and big things on the paper. Give this to your moms as a little Mother's Day gift.
- Hershey Kisses
- Fabric Glue
- Ribbon or Lace
- Tissue Paper
- Misc Art Supplies
Ask parents to bring an item of clothing that their children have outgrown and has a pocket (jeans, flannel shirt, dress, etc.) Cut the full pocket around the seam. cut the remaining in strips or squares for future art projects. Set out a variety of beads, lace, sequins, silk flowers, etc. Encourage children to decorate their pocket the way they desire. Help children attach a ribbon or lace to the two top corners of their pocket. I suggest fabric glue, so it will be stationery. Set a bowl of hershey kisses out and have children fill the pockets. Provide tissue paper, ribbons and bows and assist children in wrapping their gifts for their mother. Give the child a choice if they want to attach a homemade card.
- Construction Paper
- Paint or Markers
- Cut two yellow circle (one about an inch smaller than the other. Next cut a brown circle (about half the size of the largest yellow circle) Glue the circles from largest to smallest. Next use scissors to fringe the yellow circles (causing them to look like dandelions) For added fun make stems for the flowers as the same height as your children. Hang these in your classroom and then on Mothers day give them to your moms
- Let your children cur out three hearts. Have them line these up on a piece of paper. They can then add eyes and antennas to make cute "Momma - pillars"
- Small wooden or paper boxes (craft store)
- Assorted Candy
- Easter Grass
- Provide your children with small wooden boxes and let them decorate them any way they want with paint. Next give them Hershey's Kisses, Hugs, other candy, and Easter Grass and let them fill the box with them. Finally attach the following poem to the box and then give it to your Moms for Mother's Day
This is a very special box, that only you can see.
The reason its so special it's just for you from me.
Its filled with hugs and kisses, as sweet as sweet can be.
Just hold the box close to your heart, and you'll always think of me.
- Paper Plates
- Yellow Paper
- Sunflower seeds or Oatmeal
- Give your children paper plates. Have them cut out pedals from the yellow paper and then attach them around the paper plate.They can then add sunflower seeds or oatmeal to the center of the flower. Finally write 'You Are My Sunshine' on the flower and give them to your moms
- Have your children draw and then cutout a teapot from a piece of paper. Have them decorate the teapot anyway that they choose. Attach this to a second piece of paper folded in half (to form a card). Then on the inside of the card write:
I know that you love me and enjoy being with me.
But sometimes I am rowdy, and busy as a bee.
If you get discouraged, take a gift from me
Prepare the bag inside this card, relax with your hot tea!
- 1 cup of sand
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon powderded alum
- 3/4 cup of hot water
- Food coloring of child's choice
- Assortment of items child would like to decorate with.
- Plastic pastel butterflies
- Colored stones
We do a chart and ask the children what is their mother's favorite color and then go from there in making the dough.
- Mix sand, cornstarch, and alum in bowl.
- Add hot water, stirring vigorously until well blended.
- Add food coloring and blend.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- When cooled, Encourage children to flatten the dough out and make it the shape they prefer. Encourage them to decorate their stone. We had the letters M and O cookie cutters on the table and some of the children put the word "mom" on their stone by pushing the cutters in the dough.
- Dry pieces in the sunshine for several days.
- Lay out tissue paper, tape and ribbon, encourage children to wrap their gift for their mom's and if they would like make a card to go with their gift.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
In a 1 quart or 1 liter jar, layer the ingredients in the order given.
Lightly pack down the jar after each addition.
Attach a card with the following instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet. Empty the entire contents of the jar into a medium bowl. Add 1 large egg and 1/2 cup of margarine melted; mix well. Form dough into 1 inch balls and bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Encourage children to decorate the jar and give it as a gift for Mothers Day.
- Epsom Salts
- Clean baby food jars
- Food coloring
- Scented oils
- ziplock bags
- Have your children pour some Epsom salt into a ziplock bag, then add a few drops of food coloring, zip the bag shut, and shake the bag to mix the salt with the coloring. Open the bag and add a few drops of a scented oil. Zip the bag shut, and shake. Pour the mixture into a baby food jar, and attach a note saying I Love You Mommy, Happy Mother's Day