Grow a Tree
Submitted by JuneIf you have a place. Plant a Tree in the Spring and Once a week let the children go see the progress. You can also let the children draw their own baby tree.
Adopt a Tree
Submitted by BonnieWhen doing a Unit on Trees have your class go outside and adopt a tree. Then you can take walks to the tree and do activities with the tree. Some activities include:
- Measuring how many children (with hands joined) it takes to go around the tree
- Talk about what animals could live in the tree
- Draw pictures of the trees
- Take pictures of the tree (monthly) so the children can see the tree change over time
- In conjunction with the book A Tree Can Be, talk about what a tree can be to your students
Submitted by BettyPut up a tree in your classroom. Over time change a few leafs a day to orange and brown. See how long it takes for your children to notice.
These Preschool Ideas Found At:Everything Preschool >> Themes >> Leaves and Trees >> Science